YNPN St. Louis has a diverse membership supported by many disciplines of the nonprofit sector. Our members come from over 70 nonprofits in St. Louis and six universities. We would like to highlight one of our great members, Lael Clark, one of our 2016 Spring Mentees.
- What is your favorite place in St. Louis and why? Maryland Ave in CWE. There is always an eclectic mix of people and the energy is very upbeat. There are clubs, shopping, trendy food places and the Chess Hall of Fame.
- How did you get involved in YNPN? I decided to join YNPN when they announced the inaugural Mentorship Program in the newsletter.
- Why have you focused your career on the nonprofit sector? My career focus is evolving, but I've held an interest in the non profit sector since college. I interned for a non profit while studying and also wrote my senior thesis analyzing the impact of non profits in an international setting.
- What advice would you give to young professionals considering a nonprofit job? I would say remember that non profits are businesses too. Although the goal of a non profit is not about financial gain, the skills brought from other industries or through college majors outside of the non profit sector can still help its impact.
- If you could pick the last meal you ate what would it be? I'm vegetarian so i would say a quinoa wrap from Frida's or garlic and rosemary Freekeh (sort of like brown rice) with tahini/lemon/honey tossed peas and a sweet potato.
- What do you hope to accomplish that you haven't yet? Get my MBA and invest more
- What has been your favorite YNPN STL event? Why? The meet-and-greet because I got to chat with my mentor and learn about her.
If you are interested in being featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact us form.