YNPN St. Louis has a diverse membership supported by many disciplines of the nonprofit sector. Our members come from over 70 nonprofits in St. Louis and six universities. We would like to highlight one of our great members, Melissa Edmiston, one of our 2016 Spring Mentees.
- What is your favorite place in St. Louis and why? Castlewood. My husband and I moved to St. Louis from the mountains, Castlewood gives us a little piece of home. We love to hike, bike, and let the dog play in the water.
- How did you get involved in YNPN? I was looking for a way to connect with similar individuals in the nonprofit space. I learned of YNPN through a colleague and signed up for a coffee with 5 strangers!
- Why have you focused your career on the nonprofit sector? The nonprofit sector has given me an opportunity to put my passion to work and utilize my skill set to make a difference.
- What advice would you give to young professionals considering a nonprofit job? To think beyond non-profit. To consider how public-private partnerships can come together to share a mission. I would encourage collaboration and advise other young professionals to seek out those opportunities.
- If you could pick the last meal you ate what would it be? Pizza with my husband
- What do you hope to accomplish that you haven't yet? At some point I would like to go back to school and complete a PhD, that's a ways off, but definitely on my professional bucket list.
- What has been your favorite YNPN STL event? Why? I haven't attended as many events as I would like, but the coffee with strangers has always been a great time.
If you are interested in being featured, please email email@example.com or use our contact us form.