YNPN St. Louis has a diverse membership supported by many disciplines of the nonprofit sector. Our members come from over 70 nonprofits in St. Louis and six universities. We would like to highlight one of our great members, Rachna Goel, one of our 2016 Spring Mentees.
- What is your favorite place in St. Louis and why? I absolutely love Forest Park! There is a lot to do and I just love being outdoors. I especially enjoy the festivals they have over the summer. Shakespeare in the Park and the Art Hill Film Series are my favorites.
- How did you get involved in YNPN? I started a non-profit organization straight out of grad school and was looking for some ways to meet other like-minded professionals with a passion for public service. I stumbled upon YNPN during a Google search one day and thought it would be a good fit!
- Why have you focused your career on the nonprofit sector? During college and law school, I noticed an increasing need for professionals dedicated to working with sexual abuse survivors. The more I learned about the need, the more I knew I wanted to do something about it. By the time I passed the bar and got my license, starting a non-profit to address the cause was the only thing I wanted to do.
- What advice would you give to young professionals considering a nonprofit job? You can't be in it for the money. You should certainly expect a fair living wage at any job, but to be successful and fulfilled at a non-profit, you have to take your rewards from the impact you make, not just from your paycheck. If you want to work for a non-profit, work for a cause that you a truly passionate about.
- If you could pick the last meal you ate what would it be? Something exotic like Indian or Thai food
- What do you hope to accomplish that you haven't yet? I want to turn Jane Doe Advocacy Center into an organization larger than myself. It's a very interesting process, and I can't wait to see how it happens.
- What has been your favorite YNPN STL event? Why? I actually haven't been to any yet, but I'm really looking forward to the mentorship program and the happy hour in May!
If you are interested in being featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact us form.