YNPN St. Louis has a diverse membership supported by many disciplines of the nonprofit sector. Our members come from over 70 nonprofits in St. Louis and six universities. We would like to highlight one of our board members, Amanda Thorne, a Wish Coordinator at Make-A-Wish Missouri.
- What is your favorite place in St. Louis and why? My favorite place in St. Louis would have to be Forest Park.
- How did you get involved in YNPN? I got involved in YNPN after moving to St. Louis. I wanted to meet people with the same values/interests.
- Why have you focused your career on the nonprofit sector? The intrinsic rewards are outstanding. :)
- What advice would you give to young professionals considering a nonprofit job?Network and don't be afraid to use your personal connections. Prepare to work long hours on little pay but be ready for an awesome payout!
- If you could pick the last meal you ate what would it be? The last meal I would want to eat would be my mom's homemade buffalo mac & cheese.
- What do you hope to accomplish that you haven't yet? Too many things to count.
- What has been your favorite YNPN STL event? Why? My favorite YNPN event was the busting burnout seminar because it addressed an important issue from multiple perspectives. We need to talk more about compassion fatigue and how to handle it.
If you are interested in being featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact us form.