Amazing nonprofit professionals don’t just happen… they have mentors! It’s also not a secret that structured mentorship programs are not always readily available in the nonprofit sector so in 2016 YNPN St. Louis launched its inaugural Mentorship Program. This annual program is open to all YNPN St. Louis members to apply for either a Fall or Spring cycle, each cycle lasts for a one-year period.
Through this program, YNPN St. Louis will provide a forum for mentees to develop leadership, creative thinking and interpersonal skills through coaching and feedback while gaining new tools to advance their short and long-term career goals. Mentors will have the opportunity to expand their leadership skills, gain new perspectives and ideas while sharing key insights, tools, and experiences.
We are pleased to announce that applications for the Fall 2017 Mentorship Class are now open!
Please note: A maximum of 15 mentoring partnerships will be established to ensure proper coordination and mitigate issues that may arise.
Program Eligibility and Requirements
- be a YNPN St. Louis member
- be at least 21 years of age and wish to gain experience in their current or future nonprofit career
- identify three goals for their mentorship relationship (these goals are what the mentee hopes to achieve)
- engage with their mentor for at least 1-2 hours a month through meetings, email, phone, and/or other methods
- take initiative to drive the relationship and be responsible for goal-setting and career development and planning
- be enthusiastic for the opportunity to develop new skills with the support of a leader in the nonprofit sector
- be able to attend a 1-hour Mentee Orientation/Training
Applications Open on Monday, September 4th!
Applications CLOSE on wednesday, September 27th!
- have at least three (3) years of professional experience in a nonprofit (or related) position
- engage with their mentee through in-person meetings, email, phone, and/or other methods for a minimum of 1-2 hours a month
- provide ongoing support, feedback, and advice to promote mentee’s professional growth and achievement
- be an active listener, have a sense of humor, and enjoy your mentoring experience
If you are interested in being a mentor or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.