Amazing nonprofit professionals don’t just happen… they have mentors. It’s also not secret that structured mentorship programs are not always readily available in the nonprofit sector. Thus YNPN St. Louis is launching another round of our one-year mentoring program.
Through this program, YNPN St. Louis will provide a forum for mentees to develop leadership, creative thinking and interpersonal skills through coaching and feedback while gaining new tools to advance their short and long-term career goals. Mentors will have the opportunity to expand their leadership skills, gain new perspectives and ideas while sharing key insights, tools, and experiences.
Please note: A maximum of 15 mentoring partnerships will be established to ensure proper coordination and mitigate issues that may arise.
Program Eligibility and Requirements
- be a YNPN member
- be at least 21 years of age and wish to gain experience in their current or future nonprofit career
- identify three goals for their mentorship relationship (these goals are what the mentee hopes to achieve)
- engage with their mentor for at least 1-2 hours a month through meetings, email, phone, and/or other methods
- take initiative to drive the relationship and be responsible for goal-setting and career development and planning
- be enthusiastic for the opportunity to develop new skills with the support of a leader in the nonprofit sector
- be able to attend a 1-hour Mentee Orientation/Training
Applications are now closed.
- have at least three (3) years of professional experience in a nonprofit (or related) position
- engage with their mentee through in-person meetings, email, phone, and/or other methods for a minimum of 1-2 hours a month
- provide ongoing support, feedback, and advice to promote mentee’s professional growth and achievement
- be an active listener, have a sense of humor, and enjoy your mentoring experience
If you are interested in being a mentor or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.